konto usunięte

Temat: Welcome and Introductions:

If anyone is new to 'Anglosphere' and would like to introduce themselves, please do so here:

If anyone would like to welcome a new member, this is the thread to do so:

konto usunięte

Welcome to 'Anglosphere' Jamie Stokes.

Jamie has a blog about Poland that might be of interest, 'Wyspaianski unwinding'.

http://batorego.wordpress.com
Kari W.

Kari W. education

Hello all! I'm happy to join you!

I'm new to GL and I'm an american mom. My husband and I plan to move to Warsaw in a year with our two children and I must familiarize myself with Polish before I move. This is a fantastic message board and I'm happy to be here. Thanks for having me.

I will be taking CELTA in August and I already have a tutoring job lined up after the move. I am currently working on teaching my two year old daughter how to recognize three letter words and caring for my new two month old son. :)

konto usunięte

Welcoe to Anglosphere, Kari.

I hope the group doesn't take up too much of your husband's time.

konto usunięte

Hello to Every1.
My name is Bond...
Excuse me. I forgot my polish name..
Krychu. Nice to be here ;)
cheersKrystian Winiarz edytował(a) ten post dnia 19.03.08 o godzinie 08:15

konto usunięte

Hello everyone. My name is Konrad. It's nice to be here.
Kari W.

Kari W. education

-- not at all Warren! You all are merely "flavor of the month".

konto usunięte

I will be taking CELTA in August and I already have a tutoring job lined up after the move. I am currently working on teaching my two year old daughter how to recognize three letter words and caring for my new two month old son. :)

I wonder who'll be teaching your daughter 4-letter words.
In my case it was 'the big boys on the park'. My parents have a story about how they had to have 'a word' with me when, in a guest house, I got angry with another child who wouldn't let me play with his toy and called him a fucking wanker.
Having said that, these are 7 and 6 letters, but you get my point...Steven H. edytował(a) ten post dnia 20.03.08 o godzinie 18:45
Kari W.

Kari W. education

Steven H.:
:)

I wonder who'll be teaching your daughter 4-letter words.
In my case it was 'the big boys on the park'. My parents have a story about how they had to have 'a word' with me when, in a guest house, I got angry with another child who wouldn't let me play with his toy and called him a fucking wanker.
Having said that, these are 7 and 6 letters, but you get my point

Awesome! They have to learn it somewhere.
Good question! To be totally honest, when friends are over, we tend to not be as diligent about curbing our colorful language. My daughter just asked to watch this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw

I was just looking it up as a reference, I swear..enjoy.Kari Wolk edytował(a) ten post dnia 20.03.08 o godzinie 18:57

konto usunięte

Steven H.:
My parents have a story about how they had to have 'a word' with me > when, in a guest house, I got angry with another child who wouldn't > let me play with his toy and called him a fucking wanker.
Having said that, these are 7 and 6 letters, but you get my point...
I guess each and every one of us would have a similar story to tell. Only my mom 'n pops know how many times I screamed out "turn" in latin (I must've been a wizz kid since I spoke latin at the age of 5) or "who-eey" (this one's in Polish), while in presence of strangers. Come to think of this I understand now why they wouldn't let me play with that cool neighbors' kid.Jarek Adamowski edytował(a) ten post dnia 21.03.08 o godzinie 19:57

konto usunięte

Kari Wolk:
Awesome! They have to learn it somewhere.

Yes, they have to learn it somewhere, and I think it's better if they learn it in the streets or in a park, than in one of those 6 days@6000pln courses.

Here's an example of how such course could be advertised.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tDCb44O6Euo
Kari W.

Kari W. education

Jarek - Ahahahaha!! That's pretty much it..music teaches the best vulgarity! It's how I plan to master the polish language!

konto usunięte

Oh yes, I can assure you it will go down nice and smooth ;)

konto usunięte

Welcome to Ben Szymanski:

His bog, 'British in Poland,' may be of interest.

http://british-in-poland.blogspot.com

Hi All

Thanks for the intro Warren. Have just discovered this forum after reading the blog post about it on polandian (island1).

I'm a Brit who has sold up and moved over to Poland. The blog Warren mentions was born from my frustration at not being able to find out much info (in English) about registration, bureacracy and generally surviving in Poland as a foreigner.

I look forward to following this forum.

Ben
Weronika Marczyk

Weronika Marczyk Senior Internal
Auditor

Hello All:)
Katarzyna Mateńka

Katarzyna Mateńka Senior Account
Manager

Hello All!! it's nice to be here, maybe I'll be able to improve my English :)

konto usunięte

A warm welcome to Hanna Oliwa, our 200th member.

konto usunięte

Wow, am I really the 200th member? Nice ;)

konto usunięte

I think we agreed on 1,000,000 USD for that person. :)

Następna dyskusja:

What's wrong with a grope n...

Wyślij zaproszenie do